Remote Account Opening Service
Account Opening Appointment
CHIP ATM Card Activation
Mobile Token and Biometric Authentication
Cardless Cash Withdrawal Service
BOCOM HK WeChat Official Account
Account Opening Documents
Barrier－Free Services Guidelines
SMART KIOSK Services
Cash Payout Scheme
1. What are the services offered under "Fund Transfer" ?
BOCOM Account (HK) - You may transfer funds to both pre-registered and unregistered BOCOM Accounts;
BOCOM Account (Mainland) - You may transfer HKD / USD / RMB to your own pre-registered BOCOM Accounts (Mainland) ;
Local Bank Account (CHATS) - 1. You may transfer funds to both pre-registered and unregistered accounts of other local banks by CHATS system; 2. The currency can be either HKD , USD, EUR or RMB; 3. Money transferred by CHATS would be transferred to the recipient account(s) within the same day;
Local Bank Account (FPS) - 1. You may transfer funds to both pre-registered and unregistered accounts of other local banks by FPS system; 2. The currency can be either HKD or RMB; 3. Money transferred by FPS would be instant transfer to the recipient account(s);
FPS Enquiry - You may enquire the transaction records of your account(s) by FPS fund transfer service;
ECT Enquiry - You may enquire the transaction records of your account(s) by ECT fund transfer service;
CHATS Enquiry - You may enquire the transaction records of your account(s) by CHATS fund transfer service;
Overseas Bank Account - 1. Funds transfer can be made to pre-registered or unregistered accounts of other overseas banks ; 2. Overseas fund transfer order(s) received after the cut-off time will be processed in the next settlement date. (exclusive of Saturday and Sunday)
Overseas Bank / BOCOM Account (Mainland) Transaction Enquiry - You may enquire the overseas fund transaction records and BOCOM Account (Mainland) transaction record(s);
Effective Instruction Enquiry/ Cancellation - You may enquire or cancel the current effective transaction instruction;
Instruction Transaction Record - You may enquire the completed transaction instruction records.
2. What are the differences between CHATS and FPS?
You may transfer funds to other local banks via two electronic payment systems, CHATS or FPS. Fund transferred by CHATS is processed on a real-time basis within the date of transaction ,while fund transferred by FPS will be instant transfer, and able to setup standing instruction.
3. How can I register beneficiary account information?
You can register via Internet Banking (Two-factor authentication is required) or visit our branches for registration.
4. How can I adjust the transaction limit?
You can adjust the transfer/bill payment limit via Internet Banking (Two-factor authentication is required for increasing limits) or may visit any of our branches for application.
5. How to select the handling charge for overseas bank fund transfer? What is the charge?
If you select:
(1) My Account - it means that the commission fee and cable fee would be deducted from your specified account, while the correspondent bank charges (if applicable) would be deducted from the account of the recipient;
(2) Transfer Amount - it means that the commission fee, cable fee and the correspondent bank charges (if applicable) would be deducted from the transfer amount;
(3) Applicant - it means that the commission fee, cable fee and the correspondent bank charges (if applicable) would be deducted from your specified account.
Note: 1. For option "My Account" and "Applicant", please select the specified account in the right hand side. 2. For charge details, please refer to "Bank Charges".
6. Is it compulsory to input beneficiary's telephone number, fax number and email address?
To prevent the correspondent bank from delaying fund transfer transactions because of communication problem, we strongly recommend you to provide these related information.
7. What is the correspondent bank information? When should I input such information?
Correspondent bank is a bank with which the receiving bank maintains a settlement account. Correspondent bank information refers to the correspondent bank name, address and the receiving bank's settlement account code. If the currency unit of your transferred fund is not the local currency of the correspondent bank, then you have to input the correspondent bank information.
8. Can I enter Chinese characters or symbols as message for fund transfer transaction of overseas bank account?
For the fund transfer transaction(s) of "Overseas Bank Account", the Chinese characters are only applicable for the region of Mainland China (include Macao) and Taiwan. In terms of applicable symbol(s), you may enquire the " Unaccepted Symbols and Characters" list in the Internet Banking platform by accessing "Fund Transfer" > "Oversea Bank Account". For the fund transfer transaction(s) of "Local Bank Account", only English characters are allowed. You may also enquire the "Accepted Symbols and Characters" list to verify whether the used symbol(s) is accepted in our system.
9. For local bank fund transfer, is it compulsory to input beneficiary name?
Yes, you have to provide the name of beneficiary in English.
10. Do I need to arrange sufficient amount in my deposit account when I set up the fund transfer instructions? What will the Bank do if there do not have enough deposit in my account on the transaction date?
It is not necessary to have sufficient amount in your account when you set up transaction instructions. However, your instructions would not be executed if there do not have enough deposit in your bank account on the transaction date.
11. Can I amend the "Effective Instruction"?
You may amend the information of "Effective Instruction" before the execution of the instruction.
12. What is "Recurring Instruction"?
"Recurring Instruction" refers to the effective instruction that would be continuously executed according to your predefined date periodically. For example, executing the fund transfer instruction on Monday every week automatically.
13. How can I amend the information of my registered account?
You may amend via Internet Banking or visit our branches for application.
14. What is the fund transfer limit of my Internet Banking account?
After login to Internet Banking, please access "My Settings" → " Transfer / Bill Payment Limit Setting" to enquire the transaction limit.