Remote Account Opening Service
Account Opening Appointment
Account Opening Documents
CHIP ATM Card Activation
Mobile Token and Biometric Authentication
Cardless Cash Withdrawal Service
BOCOM HK WeChat Official Account
Barrier－Free Services Guidelines
SMART KIOSK Services
Certificate of Deposit
Certificates of deposit are issued by financial institutions (mainly banks). The certificate of deposit can be traded in the secondary market or sold back to the issuer, which has higher liquidity.
Certificate of Deposit is NOT equivalent to a time deposit. This product is NOT a protected deposit and is NOT protected by the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong.
- Flexible investment period
You can choose certificate of deposit of different maturities according to your own liquidity needs.
- Earn stable coupon income
Certificate of deposit can provide stable coupon income during the investment period. Customers must understand the credit risk of the issuer and the terms/features of the bond.
- Multiple settlement currencies
Settlement currencies include HKD or RMB, etc.
- Receive principal at maturity
Investors can hold certificate of deposit for a long period of time. If the issuer does not default, the principal will be received at maturity.
- Waives multiple fees
The Bank currently exempts transaction fee, redemption fee at maturity, custodian fee and cash collection fee.
The Bank distributes the certificate of deposit product for the product issuer and the certificate of deposit product is a product of the product issuer but not that of the Bank. In respect of an eligible dispute (as defined in the Terms of Reference for the Financial Dispute Resolution Centre in relation to the Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme) arising between the Bank and the customer out of the selling process or processing of the related transaction, the Bank is required to enter into a Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme process with the customer; however any dispute over the contractual terms of the bond product should be resolved directly between the product issuer and the customer.
Some certificates of deposit are only offer to professional investors.
Risk Disclosure Statement
- If the holder of certificate of deposit does not hold the certificate of deposit until maturity, but sells it in the market, the certificate of deposit holder may incur a loss on his initial investment. This is because, during the term of the certificate of deposit, the market price of the certificate of deposit will fluctuate. The market price of a certificate of deposit may move up or down, compared with the amount of the initial purchase price, depending on many factors, including movements in prevailing interest rates, changes in the perceived credit standing of the Bank and factors generally affecting the market for similar securities or deposits. A certificate of deposit holder is as likely to incur losses as to realize profits as a result of these market price movements. A customer should carefully consider whether the purchase of a certificate of deposit is a suitable investment in light of the customer's financial position and investment objectives, particularly if he or she may wish to sell the certificate of deposit before its stated maturity.
- We make no representation and accept no responsibility as to the accuracy or completeness of the above information. Investor bears the credit risk of the issuer and has no recourse to Bank of Communications (Hong Kong) Limited.
- Certificate of deposit is not a protected deposit and is not protected under the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong.
- The information does not constitute advice to buy or sell any certificate of deposit. Before entering into any transaction, you are advised to carefully read the Offering Circular, discuss with your own investment advisor or other appropriate professional to understand the possible risks and benefits of the transaction if needed. You should also take reasonable steps to assess the risks and appropriateness of the transaction in the light of your own risk, financial situation, objectives, investment tenor and circumstances.
- The information on the website does not form part of the Offering Circular.
- The above information is for reference only and does not constitute any investment solicitation, offer, invitation or advice to subscribe any investment product. This webpage has not been reviewed by the Securities and Futures Commission or any regulatory authority in Hong Kong.
Customer Service Hotline: 223 95559
Please visit any of our outlets