Remote Account Opening Service
Account Opening Appointment
Account Opening Documents
CHIP ATM Card Activation
Mobile Token and Biometric Authentication
Cardless Cash Withdrawal Service
BOCOM HK WeChat Official Account
Barrier－Free Services Guidelines
SMART KIOSK Services
"Deposit EXTRA" Investment Deposit
"Deposit EXTRA" Investment Deposit ("Deposit EXTRA") is a currency-linked fixed deposit that may give you a more attractive interest return than the traditional time deposit (involve investment risk). It is a combination of traditional time deposit and currency option. Customer can invest in “Deposit EXTRA” through personal internet banking or mobile banking.
- Low minimum deposit amount
The minimum deposit amount is US$5,000 (or equivalent).
- A variety of choices for the Linked Currency and Deposit Currency
To meet your investment needs, you can arrange combination of Deposit Currency and Linked Currency including HKD, USD, AUD, NZD, GBP, EUR, CAD, CHF, JPY and CNH.
- Flexible deposit periods
We offer flexible deposit periods of 1 week, 2 weeks 1 month, 2 months, 3 months and 6 months to meet your investment needs and strategy.
- Pre-agreed conversion rate can be chosen by you
At the time you enter into the deal for the deposit, you can choose to accept the pre-determined Conversion Rate and the Interest Rate or to set your target Conversion Rate based on your own investment goal and risk appetite.
- Visit our branches
- Login to Personal Internet Banking
- Login to Mobile Banking
Risk Disclosure Statement
- Not a time deposit – “Deposit EXTRA” is NOT equivalent to, nor should it be treated as a substitute for, a time deposit. It is NOT a protected deposit and is NOT protected by the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong.
- Derivatives risk –“Deposit EXTRA” is a time deposit embedded with currency option(s). Option transactions involve risks, especially when selling an option. Although the premium received from selling an option is fixed, you may sustain a loss well in excess of such premium amount, and your loss could be substantial.
- Limited potential gain – The maximum potential gain is limited to the Accrued Interest even if your view on the exchange rate of the Linked currency is correct.
- Maximum potential loss – “Deposit EXTRA” is not principal protected. In the worst case scenario, you could lose all of your investment.
- Not the same as buying the linked currency – Investing in “Deposit EXTRA” is not the same as buying the Linked Currency directly. Movements in the exchange rates of the Linked Currency may not lead to any corresponding change in the performance of “Deposit EXTRA”.
- Market risk – The return of “Deposit EXTRA” is linked to the exchange rates of the Deposit Currency against the Linked Currency. Movements in exchange rates can be unpredictable, sudden and drastic, and affected by complex political and economic factors.
- Liquidity risk – “Deposit EXTRA” is designed to be held till maturity. The Bank may at its absolute discretion refuse to consent to any withdrawal request before maturity/ You do not have a right to request early termination of this product before maturity.
- Credit risk of the Bank – “Deposit EXTRA” is not secured by any collateral. When you invest in this product, you will be relying on the Bank’s creditworthiness. If the Bank becomes insolvent or defaults on its obligations under this product, you can only claim as an unsecured creditor of the Bank. In the worst case, you could suffer a total loss of your investment.
- Currency risk – If the Deposit Currency and/or Linked Currency is/are not in your home currency, and you choose to convert it back to your home currency upon maturity, you may make a gain or loss due to exchange rate fluctuations.
- Risks of early termination by the Bank – The Bank has the right (but not the obligation) to terminate this product early upon occurrence of certain events. If this product is terminated by the Bank prior to maturity, you may suffer a substantial loss under this product.
- Conflicts of interest - Potential and actual conflicts of interest may arise from the different roles played by us and our subsidiaries and affiliates in connection with the “Deposit EXTRA”. Although our economic interests in each role may be adverse to your interests in the “Deposit EXTRA”, we maintain regulatory required information barriers between our different business areas as well as policies and procedures designed to minimize and manage such conflicts of interest to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and to ensure our transactions or dealings will be transacted at an arm’s length.
- Risks relating to RMB - You should note that the value of RMB against other foreign currencies fluctuates and will be affected by, amongst other things, the PRC government’s control, which may adversely affect your return under this product when you convert RMB into your home currency. RMB is currently not freely convertible and conversion of RMB in Hong Kong is subject to certain restrictions.
“Deposit Extra” Investment Deposit is a structured investment product involving derivatives. The investment decision is yours but you should not invest in this product unless the intermediary who sell it to you has explained to you that the product is suitable for you having regard to your financial situation, investment experience and investment objectives.
This product is NOT a protected deposit and is NOT protected by the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong.
Investment involves risks. You should not make investment decision based on this webpage alone. You should carefully consider whether this product is suitable in light of your own financial position and investment objective. If you are in any doubt, you should obtain independent professional advice. Investors should read the relevant offering documents in detail, including the full text of the risk factors stated therein, before making any investment decision.
The above information is for reference only and does not constitute any investment solicitation, offer, invitation or advice to subscribe any investment product. This webpage has not been reviewed by the Securities and Futures Commission or any regulatory authority in Hong Kong.
Customer Service Hotline: 223 95559
Please visit any of our outlets