Remote Account Opening Service
Account Opening Appointment
CHIP ATM Card Activation
Mobile Token and Biometric Authentication
Cardless Cash Withdrawal Service
BOCOM HK WeChat Official Account
Account Opening Documents
Barrier－Free Services Guidelines
SMART KIOSK Services
Cash Payout Scheme
1. How can I apply for the 'i-Trade' of Bank of Communications?
Applicants under age 18 are not accepted. If you are above age 18, please visit any one of our branches/sub-branches to sign and complete the account opening documents and submit the following documents:
(1) Individual/Joint Account
- Copy(ies) of Hong Kong Identity Card or Passport of applicant(s);
- Employer's written consent (if you are employed by a securities dealer registered with the Securities & Futures Commission)
(2) Corporate Account
- Copy(ies) of Hong Kong Identity Card or Passport of Company Director(s) and Authorized Representative(s); - Copy of Memorandum & Articles of Association;
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation;
- Copy of Business Registration Certificate (if applicable); and
- Certified true copy(ies) of Board Resolution;
While you are opening a securities account in our outlets, you can register for our online banking service. By the "User Name" and "Login Password" of the registered online banking service, you can access our 'i-Trade' to trade securities.
2. Do I need to pay any charges when I apply for 'i-Trade'?
Once you become a client of our 'Electronic Finance Services' , you can free to access our 'i-Trade' securities’ services without any charges.
3. How do I know that Bank of Communications have received my trading order?
When you have placed a trading order, our system will show you an order reference number. It means that we have received your trading order. Please click 'Order Journal' and check the update order status by this order reference number.
4. If my trading order placed through internet is fully filled, will I receive any confirmation from you?
Please visit any of our outlets to apply the SMS /Email Notification Service, you can receive the most up-to-date securities trading transaction information via the SMS and Email message sent to your mobile phone and your email address. The service is convenient and free of charge.
5. If I perform securities trading through 'i-Trade' , what will I receive from you?
You will receive:
(1) Securities Account Daily Statement: we will post it to you on the day following the transaction day.
(2) Securities Account Monthly Statement: we will issue it to you after the month end if your securities account has any types of transactions during the month or if your securities account has any cash balance or stock balance at the end of the month.
6. Which types of orders can I submit through internet?
You can submit:
(1) Normal Order / Auction Order / Special Order(including China Connect Securities and odd lot securities transactions)
(2) modify order / cancel order
(1) buy / sell Jardine related securities listed in Singapore, odd lot securities, non-HKD clearing securities, bonds and US NASDAQ securities listed in SEHK.
7. How long will my buy / sell orders stay alive?
Unless your buy / sell order was rejected by us or SEHK, or cancelled by you, your buy / sell order will stay alive till the end of the trading hours of SEHK. All buy / sell orders which are unexecuted after market close wil l be cancelled automatically.
8. Can I place trading orders by e-mail?
We regret that we do not accept any buy orders, sell orders or cancel orders placed by e-mail.
9. For internet securities trading, what is the settlement workflow of funds?
(1) Bought transactions
When you are placing a buy order, our system will show you the Estimated Total Amount which includes the Estimated Order Size ( purchase price x quantity ), the Estimated Commission and the Estimated Other Fees. Once your buy order is received by us, our system will give you an Order Reference Number and hold the Estimated Total Amount from your securities account immediately for (T+2) settlement purpose.If your buy order
(a) is fully executed at market close, we will still hold the Estimated Total Amount continuously; or
(b) is partially executed or remains unexecuted at market close, we will release the hold amount approximated to the unexecuted part of your buy order later after the market close.
You can inquire the exact Available Cash Balance and Can Withdrawal Cash Balance through internet next day. Because we will deduct the exact bought transaction amount from your securities account on settlement day (T+2 day), the funds we held from your securities account may earn interest at saving account deposit rate before settlement day.
Remarks: You must transfer sufficient amount to your securities account from the specified Bank of Communications' saving or current account before placing buy order. If the Estimated Total Amount of the buy order is greater than your securities account's Available Cash Balance, our system will reject your buy order. We advise you to deposit sufficient amount into your securities account before placing buy order in order to catch investment opportunities.
(2) Sold transactions
When you are placing a sell order, our system will also show you the Estimated Total Amount which includes the Estimated Order Size ( selling price x quantity ), the Estimated Commission and the Estimated Other Fees. Once your sell order is received by us, our system will give you an Order Reference Number and hold the stock quantities of the sell order from your securities account immediately for (T+2) settlement purpose. If your sell order
(a) is fully executed at market close, we will hold the stock quantities of the sell order continuously; or
(b) is partially executed or remains unexecuted at market close, we will release the unexecuted stock quantities and deposit them back into your securities account later after the market close.
10. For internet securities trading, what is the settlement workflow of securities?
(1) Bought transactions
CCASS clearing securities:After the securities are settled in your securities account, the securities will be kept under CCASS through us in the name of 'Bank of Communications Trustee Limited'.
Other securities:After the securities are settled in your securities account, we will inform you to collect them at your account opening branch/sub-branch.
(2) Sold transactions
CCASS clearing securities:We will deduct the relevant securities from your securities account on settlement day for CCASS settlement. Other securities:You must deposit the physical securities to us before you place sell order through internet.
Non-CCASS clearing securities:You must deposit the physical securities to your account opening branch/sub-branch before you place sell order through 'i-Trade'.
11. What kinds of services does 'i-Trade' provide?
Our 'i-Trade' provides you with the following services:
(1) Place order (You can place order / modify order / cancel order)
(a) Inquire the status of all the orders placed today and the records of all the orders placed within last 90 days.
(b) Inquire the history of order transaction, stock movement and cash movement in last month.
(c) Inquire the Available Cash Balance, the Can Withdrawal Cash Balance and the stock portfolio of your securities account.
(5) Reply Corporation Action
(a) Inquire stock name and stock code, real-time stock price quotation, real-time financial news and real-time performances of worldwide equity indices.
(b) Create stock watch lists and monitor stock price movements.
(7) Change Password
12. What channels can I place trading orders through apart from 'i-Trade'?
(1) You can visit your account opening branch/sub-branch and place trading orders or inquire the information of your securities account at the securities trading counter.
(2) You can call our 'Electronic Finance Services - Securities Trading' hotline at 2913-3833 by a digital phone to enjoy automatic securities trading services or to place trading orders or make queries of your securities account by talking with our customer service representatives.
(3) You can use Securities Mobile Application to access your securities trading transactions and account inquiries automatically.
13. How can I inquire the status of my trading orders? Can I reduce or cancel them?
(1) Inquire order status
When you have placed a trading order successfully, you can visit the [Order Journal] page to inquire the status of all the trading orders you placed.
(2) Modify order
If you want to Modify order , please visit the [Order Journal] page, then click [M] under [Action] column to enter into [Modify Order] page to confirm your modify order.
(3) Cancel order
If you want to cancel an order, please visit the [Order Status] page, then click [X] under [Action] column to enter into [Cancel Order] page to confirm your cancel order.
14. What are the functions of my password?
- Login Internet Banking and 'i-Trade'; - Confirm order placement; and - Call our direct line to enjoy automatic securities trading services
15. I have a securities account with a password for telephone banking. Can I use this password to login 'I- trade'?
No, you can't. The password for 'i-trade' is distinguished from that for telephone banking.
16. When I transact trading order thru 'i-Trade', my computer suddenly hangs/shuts down. How do I know my trading order has been executed?
You can visit your account opening branch/sub-branch or call our 'Electronic Finance Services - Securities Trading' hotline at 2913-3833 by a digital phone to inquire the update status of your trading order. If you have any queries about system operation or malfunction, please call our Customer Services hotline at 2269-9699.
17. Price Spread Information
|0.01 - 0.25||0.001|
|0.25 - 0.50||0.005|
|0.50 - 1.00||0.010|
|1.00 - 2.00||0.010|
|2.00 - 5.00||0.010|
|5.00 - 10||0.010|
|10 - 20||0.020|
|20 - 30||0.050|
|30 - 100||0.050|
|100 - 200||0.100|
|200 - 500||0.200|
|500 - 1000||0.500|
|1000 - 2000||1.000|
|2000 - 5000||2.000|
|5000 - 9995||5.000|