Remote Account Opening Service
Account Opening Appointment
Account Opening Documents
CHIP ATM Card Activation
Mobile Token and Biometric Authentication
Cardless Cash Withdrawal Service
BOCOM HK WeChat Official Account
Barrier－Free Services Guidelines
SMART KIOSK Services
1. When will the Credit Card Paper Statement Service Fee (the "Fee") be effective?
A: Classic Card and Gold Card with effective from 1st January, 2019; Platinum Card and Diamond Card with effective from 1 st January, 2020. Starting from effective date, it will be levied on the credit card account when ONE or more paper statement(s) are generated during the charging period.
2. How much is the Fee?
A: HK$20 for each charging period. If cardholder has more than one principal credit card and receives paper statements for all of the credit card accounts during charging period, a HK$20 Fee will be applied and debited from the credit card account with the latest transaction record during the debit period. The Fee is applicable to all Credit Cards.
3. How can you avoid the Fee?
A: To avoid the Fee, cardholders can register e-Statement service and abandon paper statement.
4. Who can be exempted from the Fee while receiving paper statement?
A: Fee can be exempted if cardholder is aged 65 or above; Cardholders who are able to present a proof of disability document (e.g. document of receiving government disability allowance) or receive Comprehensive Social Security Assistance(supporting documents required) can visit our outlets in person to arrange for the Fee exemption.
5. Which type of cardholders are charged for receiving paper statement(s)?
A: The fee is applicable to all Bank of Communications Cardholders.
6. If cardholder has both Gold/Classic card and Platinum/Diamond card, any fee will be charged?
A: Yes. The fee is applicable to all cardholders who receive paper statement.
7. Why does the Bank impose this Fee to cardholders?
A: The Bank is always advocating environmental friendliness and striving for service excellence to facilitate customers in assessing to their credit card account information and transaction records anytime, anywhere via Internet Banking, Mobile Banking and e-Statement services. The bank would like to encourage customer using e-Statement instead of paper statement in order to reduce paper consumption.
8. If cardholder has one credit card account and one saving account, his/her saving account maintains paper statement service while credit card account maintains e-Statement service starting from 1 January 2019, any fee will be charged?
A: The fee is applicable to credit card account only. Even If customer keeps receiving paper statement for other banking accounts after 1 January 2019, he/she will not be charged.
9. If cardholder has 1 Gold Card and 1 Classic Card and receives paper statements for both cards after 1 January 2019, will the Fee be charged twice?
A: No, it will not. No matter how many credit card the cardholder has, the Fee will be charged once in each charging period.
10. When will the paper statement fee be charged?
A: For the Fee generated during the period from 1 January to 30 June, the debit month will be in July of the same year. For the Fee generated during the period from 1 July to 31 December, the debit month will be in January of the following year.
11. If the cardholder has more than one credit card account and keeps receiving paper statement, which account will the Fee be debited from? Can he/she choose the debit account?
A: Cardholder cannot choose the debit account. The Fee will be debited from the credit card account with the latest transaction record.
Customer Service Hotline: 223 95559
Please visit any of our outlets